Silway 506 Fluid is a caprylyl branched trisiloxane as described in Figure 1. The siloxane consists of three silicon atoms, which is the shortest Dimethicone, and an octyl group is attached on the middle silicon.
Figure 1: Chemical formula for Silway 506 Fluid.
• Carrier for other ingredients
• Dispersing medium for hydrophobic powders and pigments
• Can be used in a wide range of personal care applications such as:
Skin care (e.g., moisturizers, gels, make-up removers, facial cleansers)
Color cosmetics (e.g., lipsticks)
Hair care (e.g., leave-on treatments)
Key Features and Benefits
• Moderate volatility
• Compatible with a wide range of cosmetic ingredients
• Clear and colorless
• Low viscosity and surface tension
• Lowers surface tension of organic oils
• Co-solubilizer between silicone oil and hydrocarbon oil
• Excellent spreadability
• Unique light, smooth and less dry feel
• Superior cleansing with no residue
• Improved gloss and color intensity in lipsticks
• Easy to handle and to formulate
• Improve spreadability, reduce tackiness and greasy feel of vegetable oils
• When sprayed on skin in deodorant formulation:
− Long lasting fragrance retention capacity (up to 24 hrs.)
− Immediate drying
− No burning sensation
− Soft and smooth feel
• Preference over alcohol when used in deodorant formulation
Typical Physical Properties
Clear, colorless to
light amber liquid
Viscosity (mm2/s, 25℃)
Specific Gravity (25/25 ℃)
Flash Point- closed cup (℃)
Refractive Index at 25℃
Silway 506 Fluid is added into the oil phase and mixed until solved or dispersed evenly. Due to the presence of the caprylyl group on the silicone backbone, this ingredient has good compatibility with a wide range of organic ingredients and pigments while maintaining very good spreading.
This results in a less dry feel and a richer feel when compared to volatile silicones – but still very light due to the moderate volatility. Being nonflammable and very compatible, this material is easy to handle and to incorporate in a broad range of formulations including lipsticks and pigmented formulations. It can help to reduce white residues in formulations containing a high level of volatile materials. Recommended use level is between 5 and 20%.
15 kg cans and 168 kg drums.
Between 0°C and 40°C (32°F and 104°F) in the original unopened containers.
Shelf Life ：